I came home for lunch recently and was met with these words from my 13 year old daughter, “I saw that mushy text you sent to mom earlier today”… And it really didn’t bother me that she had seen it. It was actually encouraging.
As parents, I’m sure you’d agree that there are definitely some things we probably don’t want our kids to ever catch us doing together 😉 .
But there are some things that they definitely should catch us and our spouse doing together, even if we don’t know it. Things that could be pretty impactful on them if they were to catch us in the very act.
So, here’s a list of 12 things you for you to consider that you should want your kids to catch you doing together:
- Praying together
- Holding hands just because
- Complimenting one another
- Putting the other person’s desires first
- Intercepting love notes or texts between each other
- Discussing family decisions together
- Flirting with one another
- Praising one another
- Refusing to argue with one another by agreeing to disagree
- Hugging in the hallway
- Kissing in the kitchen
- Being randomly generous and kind to each other or someone else in need
These are probably just a few of many. But they’re a great start to get your mind thinking. Do you agree? Are these things you’d want your kids to catch you doing together as well? If so, please share.
How many of these 12 are you doing? Which one is your favorite? What are some others that you would add? I’d love to hear your thoughts.